~*~

~*~

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strawberries!

So, for my sustainable agriculture class, we've been going on several field trips. I don't mind these field trips as much as others because they're on the day of class, not on Saturday. They're pretty fun too. We go to different farms in the area and the farmers talk to us about what makes their practices sustainable. Some of it's pretty interesting. We went to another farm today. The guy we talked to spoke Spanish, so the teacher translated for us. I could recognize a little of what he said. I really should go over my Spanish notes so I don't forget everything (Nicole). I wanna learn Japanese too.
Annywayy, back on topic. He gave us each a basket and let us pick strawberries. And I went "yessssssss!" He's the first one that let us eat some of his stuff. ^-^ I like picking food. U-pick berry places are fun too. And they're so delicious! Everyone should go out and pick some of their own food at least once. People need to reestablish a connection with where their food comes from. It doesn't just come from the grocery store.

(In response to Ellen's comment)
Yeah, I like Robert Frost. I just meant in my last post that it must be much easier to write about something if you've been there in the heart of it and experienced it. Besides, it's really fun to do new things and learn new stuff!
I refuse to let anyone reading this blog turn into a desk cow! (I don't even know what that means, but I apologize to the cows). Go out and do stuff and have fun! Don't be too paranoid!

Oh, man. The few strawberries I have left are on a bowl on my dresser. They smell sooooooo good!

No comments: