~*~

~*~

Friday, April 1, 2011

You know, like

Yaay!!
I finally know what Ling's saying! Thanks Ellen! It would be hard to translate a song in an accent. Like the first closing song of Spice and Wolf. It's in english, but her accent is so strong that it sounds like a totally different language. But considering I only know about 50 words of Japanese, I certainly can't recognize an accent so I don't know how strong Ling's accent is. You have to admire actors who can give themselves accents. Amazing. Some accents are really cool. Irish, Australian, British, yeah. Accents are cool.

On a totally unrelated note.
You know what's annoying, even I do it all the time? Actually it doesn't really bug me when other people do it. It bugs me when I do it. When I use the word "like" in ways other than "I like this!"
You know, like when people use it in that way that I just used it!
It's weird. I'm not even consciously aware of using it. It's weird that that stuff comes out in your speech, like you can't control what you're saying.
The "likes" are invading our brains...

1 comment:

Nicole S said...

so true. the first time this happend to me was very ironic. i was in elementary school at a pool with my friends, and these older girls were talking to each other and kept saying "like" pretty much every other word. so my friends and I started to say "like" in the same way just to mock them. after a few minutes we tried to stop... and couldn't. ever.