~*~

~*~

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Toothless

I finally finished my Toothless plushie last week!
I loves him! He's so cuddly!
He took forever to make, but he was worth it!
Someone on Deviantart actually posted a pattern and instructions, and I am eternally greatful. ^-^
Here's the original.
There's amazing detail. She thought of everything.
I tweaked it very slightly, making the wings and tail a hair longer. And I used fabric for the eyes instead of fimo, because it always bugs me how Haku's eyes bug out (I made his out of clay).
And for the pattern, the wings really didn't need 3 separate pattern pieces. It would have been much easier to start out with one whole wing, and then just sewed the arm into it.
For some reason, his tail is twisted. I guess it has to do with how I cut or sewed the fabric.








No comments: