~*~

~*~

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Little Anime Convention

There was actually an anime convention think today at UC Berkeley. Not really close, but I thought it would be worth checking out.
It was pretty small. A fraction of the size of one of the rooms at fanime. There were a few nice booths, though most of the artists aren't as good as the ones at fanime. They're probably students at the campus.
I actually found out about it through an artist on Deviantart (one of a couple hundred that I follow O_O ). Here she is. Anyway, she's really good, and she was there, so I got to talk to her and I got a couple prints from her. I would have gotten more... but I gotta use my money somewhere else. Sigh.
I got the Okami one and the Princess Mononoke one. I've loved the Mononoke one for a while, so it was cool to get a real copy for my room. I also wanted this one and this one too. Heheh. I like pretty pictures.
Her comic is really beautifully done too. I recommend it.

No comments: