~*~

~*~

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oh family, how you eat time

So, Crystal asked me how I'm always so busy.
Since that was a question I really wanted to know the answer too, I've been thinking about it. And the answer is... it's completely Mom's fault.
And now I shall prove it.

Starting last Thursday.
Me: "Okay. I have until next Friday until my cousins come to visit from Portland. I'll be spending most of that week with them. Tomorrow morning, I'm helping Grandma and Grandpa. And then in the afternoon I volunteer. Saturday I'm helping my aunt and uncle all day. Sunday I do my weekly chores, but then my aunt and uncle are coming over. That still leaves four days free. So, I'll use one of them to plan my party!"

Then on Friday.
Mom: "We're going to Grandma and Grandpa's on Thursday."

Saturday
Mom: "Sita thought you could volunteer at the used book store Monday to earn some store credit."
Me: "Sure, okay. I am addicted to used bookstores, after all."

Tuesday morning
Me: "Okay! I have one free day before the party! Time to work on some of my projects!"
Not so. Early that morning:
Mom: "Since this is your only free day for the next two weeks, you can paint the garage door.
Me:

Yeah, so even in the middle of summer, I get pretty swamped. This is pretty much how things go every week, though the activities are always different.
I have been getting some of my own stuff done. If you say you have no time to do stuff, then you never will. So I make sure to work on my own projects. Although I'm falling behind on writing again. Sigh.
But it's hard to plan stuff with friends. TT^TT Because on all the days that I have nothing planned... I don't feel like doing anything because so much else is going on!

Fact of the day: Daddy long legs have very potent poison, but their mouths are so small that they could never bite a human being.

No comments: