~*~

~*~

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

First Commission!!!

Whooo! Soo excited! I just got my first real commission!
A couple days ago, I went back to my rather neglected Etsy account. I discovered that I could add an option to make an item custom. Becaue unless I make an item with someone else in mind, I'm unlikely to want to sell anything I make. This is because I will make something that I want to keep instead of something I want to sell. The only time this doesn't happen is when I improve sufficiently that I no longer like some of my older plushies. Of course, those plushies aren't really good enough to sell anyway.
So I put up three custom listings, for the three different horse/pony patterns I've been working on. Maybe I should put up one for baby Mewtwo. Someone asked me about buying one. But I haven't heard back from him...

This is the first pattern I figured out:
The original came online, but I've tweaked it significantly.

Then the bigger, huggable version that lies down:
I made this one entirely myself.

And then my newest, sitting pony:
I got the idea from the Eevee evolutions I made earlier. But this one is very different from the original I've found. I've mainly just kept the little slit that makes the character sit.

I figured I'd start them on the cheaper side. I might raise prices a bit whenever I get an order. Since considering the time involved in these, this doesn't give me the best deal.

And then about half an hour ago, someone noted me, asking if I could make a standing pony for them!
Whooo! Sooo excited!
My first commission!!
Gotta go and get some of the right color fabric for the body. But I can start on the hair at least. Though I have classes all day tomorrow. Sigh.
So, while I should be doing homework, instead I'm designing the eyes for this guy. He's not a character from the show. He's some character turned into pony-form. Not sure who he is though. His name is Zero, and he's from something called Borderlands.
Maybe I should try to give him a face more like the guy ponies. I'll see if that works.

No comments: