~*~

~*~

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sitting in a Sauna

OK, been busy, so I'll finally explain what the second day of being a stand-in was like.
The actress's name is Elizabeth Rohm. I don't think I've seen anything that she's in though.
Significantly less interesting than the first day. This scene was inside, and I was part of a small audience for a choir concert. No more volleyball. TT^TT
It was still really hot.
And this time there were a bunch of us packed into a small room filled with bright, hot filming lamps.
Which doubly sucks, because I know that that room usually has great air conditioning. None today though.
When Mom and I got there, they put us to the side of the front row. Then they moved us, and I moved to the second row. Then they realized that someone was already sitting there. So I was set aside. Then they found a spot for me on the other end of the second row, with Mom.
It's rather confusing being shunted around, since we need to remember our seat.
The first shoot only had two rows of the audience, and they filmed us from behind as the choir sang.
Then everyone went outside so they could reorganize the room.
When we came back, there were about four or five rows. My chair was gone, so I got moved back to row four. This time they filmed from the front, still the choir singing.
Then we all left again.
Came back and found the room filled with chairs. Maybe 10 rows, or something. And I got moved back up to the second row, next to Mom again.
>-<
Confusing!
This time they were filming people talking. One of the Ananda women spoke to the actress, thanking her, and telling her that she had a big responsibility. Then the actress came up and gave a thank you speech, about how the people made her feel so welcome and that she felt changed.
I'm pretty sure this is the very end of the movie. Hence all the emotional "you changed my life!" stuff.
During the first take, she was actually all choked up. But she wasn't like that on any of the other takes. I suppose... it was acting?
We got there at about 8:30 for breakfast. And we didn't finish until dinner. Maan, long day. A lot of it spent sitting and waiting. At least that was in the air conditioned dining hall. The rest of the sitting was in the hot room, listening to people sing and talk.
And we had to smile during the filming too. It was pretty interesting, in a strange way. So I don't think my smiles got forced or anything.
My Mom does this funny thing sometimes when she's standing, not being actively involved in anything, where she gets this sorta freaky half-smile. She doesn't know she's doing it. She's probably under the impression that she's smiling. I didn't notice if she was doing it, but I caught her doing it before the filming, so I made a face at her to let her know (which is our way of communicating when I catch her doing that). It's actually kinda funny. Though I think if you didn't know her, she might look a bit scary. And someone sitting in an audience making that face would be... weird.
Can't wait to see the movie though! Whoo!
I think it'll be out next year. No idea what it will be called.
After the shoot, I said high to Elizabeth Rohm. To which she responded, "Good night."

No comments: