~*~

~*~

Saturday, February 1, 2014

School Memories

I thought I'd mention a writing exercise we did when I went to visit my creative writing class. (During which I drew another comic about a wolf guy telling a girl that he isn't human).

So, start the year that you started school (grade school). And for every year of school, write down one thing that you remember. Just one sentence about an event, because otherwise it might get a bit crazy.
You can stop at the end of high school (but I didn't).
So, it helps to think of little ideas to fit into your stories. Parts of a character's past or present that add depth to the story.
There were a couple years in elementary school that I couldn't recall anything solid for. I'm sure I'd remember parts of it, but I can't associate them with a specific year. And then after I finished, I started thinking of a bunch of stuff I could have mentioned.

Maan, it's so weird having to worry about homework deadlines again. @_@ I gotta remember that I can't spend all weekend working on my own projects.

No comments: