~*~

~*~

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Documentary Dramas

Fair Warning. This will probably just be me complaining about annoying TV/Movie stuff.
Dad and I went to see that Disney documentary, Bears.
I figured this would happen, but I was still disappointed that it did.
Because they've done this in most of their documentary movies. They try to turn the animal stories into human dramas, and it's really annoying. I don't want to hear your stupid commentary about "ooh, the baby bear's looking at all the old bears because he wants a good role model, but those bears are too sweet, and those bears are too lazy."
Don't give me your stupid commentary. I just want to watch and learn about bears!
And of course they go through the whole "oh my gosh, the baby bear is dead! Oh, no he's not. He's actually fine. Psych!"
Dad thought they were trying to dumb it down for kids. Even if that's true, it's still no excuse. Kids aren't stupid. And that dumb commentary isn't going to help anyway.
Sigh.
That's what I like about the people that make those Planet Earth documentaries. There's amazing footage, and the commentary is good too.

And this is barely related (to kids being tougher than we assume), but I just watched the Captain America movie (the first one). It was better than I thought it would be. I liked the character.
And I really liked the part where he first gets his powers, and he's chasing the bad guy. The bad guy throws a kid into the river to try to distract Captain America. But the kid goes "Go get him! I can swim!" Hah! That was great. Thank you for that. Kids are tough. They don't always make good "damsels in distress" because they aren't necessarily helpless. I just heard about some guy who stole a car with two little boys in it. But one of the boys started attacking the guy, and he had to get the kids out of the car, because he couldn't handle them. Heheh. You are an awesome kid. Keep it up!

No comments: