~*~

~*~

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Proposal Speech

So yesterday I gave my defense speech for my thesis idea. It as basically like other speeches I've given to class. I read a couple pages of my story, and then talked about environmental fiction, and gave some examples of how it's actually made a difference.
I actually probably should have prepared for it more, but I slacked a bit on practicing since I'd given a very similar speech last semester. And it went fine anyway (hopefully I won't subconsciously decide that I don't need to practice much before a speech because of that @_@ ).
The teacher said something along the lines that he was pleasantly surprised at how well did. Which I wonder, does that mean he didn't expect a good speech? Heheh.
Ah well. Since it's a topic I've been researching the past 2 semesters, it was easy for me to talk about without hardly looking at my notes. (That was a pleasant surprise to me, how everything just kinda poured out of my mouth almost naturally).
Anyway, after flute solos, talking for 20 minutes in front of 10 people is no problem at all. I wonder if it would be harder with more people.
Hmmm... public speaking...
Flute solos are terrifying... I really gotta try to get over that some. Maybe I should make people sit and stare at me while I practice.....

No comments: