~*~

~*~

Monday, May 5, 2014

James Herriot

I read James Herriot's books back in high school. If you don't know, he was a vet in Europe who wrote about some of his experiences many years go when the vet practice wasn't as... sophisticated as it is now.
But one of his books has been sitting on my shelf for years and is a compilation of his dog stories. That is probably the books that has been sitting unread in my room for the longest. I'm finally reading it. I've actually read almost all of these before, but I forgot most of them and am reading them again (though I skipped a few that I clearly remembered). I forgot how much fun they are. He's a great writer, and it's fun reading his stories over again. It's not often that I laugh aloud while reading a book.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can add this to the list of romances I like because these are all true stories... but poor James sure had some trouble with his girlfriend before he finally got married. Awwww, but the way he writes about it is so sad and funny...

No comments: