~*~

~*~

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Empty Shell

Well, it was my last full week for school for the semester, and it was pretty crazy for a lot of reasons. Which I guess it to be expected for the last week of the semester. It's nice to have all that behind me, at least. --_--
Just one day of class left (though I still have to turn in some big assignments online). The last day doesn't have anything big though. So summer vacation is starting to feel close.
I'm not out of work though. To the contrary, now that I have a break from school, I really gotta get to work on my thesis story. My main adviser asked an estimate of when I'd have a working draft. I said I'd send him something by the end of next semester. I don't want it to be my first draft, obviously. I'm going to have to push myself to have an edited draft by then.
It's a bit nerve-wracking to think of... considering how slowly I've been working on Katani's stuff......
(Bad Tara)
Whoo
Wish me luck, guys. Make sure I don't slack!

Last night on the way home, I drove past the scene of that fire.
I was shocked - everything was gone with just a few empty brick walls standing. The entire front part was gone completely, as were the trees that had been there.
I thought there would at least be a skeleton of the building remaining. It makes you realize how powerful fire is, even in a city.
I didn't have my camera, but Nick sent me the pictures he took of the fir (Thank you, Nick!)

No comments: