~*~

~*~

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Restart

(Ugh, I've been working on one of my homework things to turn in next week and didn't realize how late it got...)

I started working on the beginning of Ashyn's story again. I finished re-writing the first chapter last night.
Sigh. So many other distractions from writing. Like school, despite the fact that I'm supposed to be writing this story for school. I was also trying to edit some more Katani stuff though. And I did a bit of fanfic stuff too.
But Ashlyn is a tricky one to write for. It's not so bad if I really sit and focus on it for a while. I've got to get in the mood too, and the beginning has a pretty hopeless feeling which makes me reluctant to write it some evenings.
I'm definitely glad I rewrote the first chapter though. Now I at least have something more solid to work off of.

In the time it's been taking me to rewrite Chapter 1, I've also figured out more about Ashlyn herself, and about what drives her decisions in the beginning of the story. It's great to get some of those gaps filled. I still have about a million gaps to fill. Not counting the fact that I have no idea how to make the climax happen.
That's okay though. I always am missing most of the story when I begin. I fill it in as I go.

No comments: