~*~

~*~

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Unexpected Parallels

For about a week now, I've been working on editing stories one chapter at a time. I've been alternating between Ashes and Katani, mostly to give me variety.
Last night, I worked on a chapter where both Tyra and Garrett got hurt, and needed their wounds treated. Luckily they had first aid kits in their saddle bags, so they could treat the bleeding. And since Garrett got a cut on the head, there was kind of a scary amount of blood.

And just now I'm working on a chapter of Ashes. The big black dog, Wolvie, gets hit in the head by something nasty.
And Ashlyn goes to the saddlebag of her horse to get rags and ointment, because his head is bleeding a lot.

Yeah...
I didn't notice these parallels when I wrote the Wolvie scene.
Head wounds, saddle bags with first aid kits, treating bloody wounds.
I also don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't read one chapter directly after the other.

I don't think they're similar enough that I need to entirely change one of them. The circumstances for both are very different. They just happen to line up to similar outcomes...

Still. Hopefully I don't repeat myself a lot, without even noticing it.
XP

No comments: