~*~

~*~

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Reading the Past

I've been working on a little project, because I want to record some of the times that I went to Virginaia City with my dad, to look for mustangs.
It's not as little as I thought though.
I've been going through all of my old journals, trying to find the days that these trips happened, and then trying to link the photographs to the proper days. @_@
I'm almost done though.

Usually I skim though a journal until I notice that I'm in Reno.
But sometimes I stop and read something that I remember, or something I forgot.
It's so bizarre re-reading my old thoughts and re-living old experiences. Some things I remember so vividly. And others I have mostly forgotten. I'm still completely baffled about one exchange I recorded.
And sometimes I think, "Wow, I was so picky in high school." There are several times where I said "It was good, but..." I sounds like I wasn't satisfied with stuff, and wanted to find something wrong with it. Or maybe I just wanted to find details to write about?
I don't remember!
But because of my journals, a lot of memories are preserved that I would have lost otherwise. There's complaining, but there are some things that surprised all over again.
And sometimes I felt like I was re-living that time.
Very nostalgic.

So, I definitely recommend keeping some type of journal. This is the first time I've gone back through them, since some time in middle school. But it's amazing and will let you relive your life.
Or maybe some day your kids will be able to see what your past was like.
My Dad has journals going back for decades. He writes something every day, even if he didn't really do anything.
I only write about significant days.
I'm a couple days behind, actually...

No comments: