~*~

~*~

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Flop

I tried to have a garage sale today.
It's rotten timing for it, but I'd signed up for a neighborhood garage sale this weekend before I knew I'd be on a constant grind to finish my graduate project.
(I'm currently trying to get three other people on the same page for what to do with my exams, which is proving quite a bit more stressful than I imagined, in more than one way).

So, the last thing I did that was like a garage sale was the Fanime swap meet. That went very well. While I have plenty of stuff (too much stuff, actually) for a swap meet, apparently I don't have enough for a garage sale. It was still a ton of stuff, but I guess it wasn't nearly as much as the piles of crud other people try to get rid of. And though my prices were not high, I could tell that a lot of people thought they were. And sometimes they were pretty obvious about it.
Not that many people even showed up. I think someone ripped most of my signs down... What kind of jerk does that? They were up less than a day! And on nice paper, and I planned the layout of them and everything.

When I was little, I tried to do these embarrassingly bad garage sales. This one was better than that. But that's not saying much. I don't think it was worth it. I only got rid of a few things. I closed early, and I don't think I'll do another garage sale.
Bleh.

Back to work (work that's actually important).

No comments: