~*~

~*~

Monday, September 21, 2015

Young Adult Fiction

So I'll talk about one of my classes this semester.
Young Adult Fiction. For this class, we read a full book every week or every two weeks. During class, we discuss the readings and have 20 minutes of silent writing. We also have a blog to post on for homework.
The first two books were interesting. While I didn't fully love them, I liked them, especially certain parts of them (I liked them more than most of stuff I had to read in high school, at least). But I really liked the third one. It's called Thirteen Reasons Why. I just finished reading it today.
The format was fascinating. The author did a really great job of blending the tapes into reality. How they alternated the contents of the tapes with the thoughts they triggered in Clay. And it really made you think about how things that seem so pointless to you can have a deep effect on others.
I kind of wish Clay's role in the tapes was more intense. Though I guess I'm not really disappointed about it. There was plenty of suspense as it was.
I know I've heard of this book before. Did they make a movie of it? I'll have to check. Either way, I added it to the list of books that I think are worth reading.

No comments: