~*~

~*~

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lucignano

Heheh. All my posts are super behind. I've actually been home since Wednesday.

Christy's place is amazing. It's out in the country. It's so pretty up here. The mix of orchards, forest, and great old buildings means that it's pretty everywhere you look. The house is lovely, as is the garden.
And there were three cats! I missed Leaf so much.
Christy and David have two kids - Luca and Elio. They were thrilled to have me around.
We visited a couple of the nearby towns.
David has a workshop where he makes amazing stuff out of wood.

And we searched around with David's metal detector. Among all the trash, there's shrapnel from WWII. And they even found a couple old artifacts.
I just found junk. Rusty metal, old wire, and a 2 euro piece.
I also found an adorable little gecko! It was on the handle of the pick axe I was digging with. I didn't notice until I touched him with my finger. Heheh. What a surprise.

I found more loquats. They're called nespole in Italian.

Biwa, nispero, and nespole.

I asked Luca and Elio if they wanted to say anything here.
Elio says "Hello world."
Luca says that it was all good fun.

We got to visit some horses that a friend of their family has. Which I was thrilled about. Luca was a bit nervous at first, to be around such huge animals. But by the end, both boys loved the horses.

Man, that flight home was grueling. It was at least 12 hours long. And the chairs were not comfortable.
I think my brain is starting to believe that airports and airplanes mean sleep deprivation.
Man, I'd forgotten what it was like to be home.
I've been spending all of my free time trying to organize and clean up everything from the trip, and stuff that built up during my absence. I've still got a ton to do. I haven't even touched my 5,000+ photos.
I'll have to go back and add some photos to my posts, once I've gone through them.
But it's so nice to be home again. With my cat.

No comments: