~*~

~*~

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Rome

There is a point in Rome that all roads lead to.
There was also a similar point in Madrid, actually.

So I guess not all roads lead to Rome, even in Europe.

Anyway, we spent only two days in Rome, but we packed a lot into those two days.
The first day in Rome was our last day with the tour group.

One thing I've seen in the biggest cathedrals is that birds have found their way inside. They aren't stuck, but happily flying around in the big open area. They are usually swallows, and there were a couple in Saint Pauls outside the wall.
We saw the Circus Maximus, where there were chariot races long ago.
Went into a church that had four Michelangelo statues, including the one of Moses.

Walked past the Colosseum. But didn't go in!

Walked past the Forum ruins.
We did go into the Pantheon. What an incredible building. And the top is open to the sky!

Those were the main highlights of the day, though we did see plenty of other stuff too.

And that evening, everyone in our group bid farewell to each other.

The second day in Rome was just Mom and I.
So, I went back to the Colosseum, because I wanted to go in.

I ended up walking along with a guy from France. In Japan, I also ended up talking to a FrEnch guy. Huh.
I also walked around most of the Forum ruins.


I met up with Mom again, and we got lunch. It seemed to be a really cute place, with a vine covered patio full of tables. Mom an I sat outside, and the place was empty. All of the seats on the porch were marked as reserved.
I didn't see any of this, but Mom told me. A couple Asian girls came up to get lunch, but the waitress turned them away saying they were full.
A few minutes later, a couple came in. The waitress let them in, and took away one of the reserved signs so they could sit down.
When I heard this, I was so disgusted that I wanted to leave, but it was already too late.
And Mom told me that later a gay couple came in, and the waitress didn't let them in either.
Freaking &&$&&$ jerks. Never eat there.

That afternoon, we went to the Vatican. The smallest country in the world, with the most pieces of art.
Countless works of art. It would take weeks to look at everything. We stuck to some of the highlights. And at the end, we went to the Sistine Chapel. It was packed. I want to be hoisted up toward the ceiling so I can see everything better.
Went to Saint Peters Basilica, and saw Michelangelo'S Pieta.

Walked through Saint Peters Square too.


One thing I like about Rome is the fountains. They flow nonstop, and the water is nice and cool.
And everything is so ancient. It's crazy, when you go in a building that is older than my entire country.

No comments: