~*~

~*~

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Toledo

After we all departed Sevilla, we made a brief stop in Cordoba to visit the great mosque, though it's not technically a mosque now.
I was excited about this because in band a couple years ago, we played a song about this place, called La Mezquita de Cordoba.
It is a fascinating place, with layers of architecture from different cultures and times.

Then we arrived on Toledo.


This is a great place too. Toledo, Seville, and Segovia. I want to go back to those places some day.
We were only in Toledo for one full day. That evening I went for a walk on a little trail down by the river. And there were also some strange ruins right next to the river.
They didn't look really old though. I wonder what their story is. I walked around them a bit.


We went back to Madrid for our last night in Spain
Unfortunately I didn't get to walk around any that extra day, because I was feeling really tired from being sick. And Mom seemed to have been recovering from hers, but she got a fever that day too.
She's mostly better now though.

We had to get up at 3:30 AM the next morning. Ugh. So evil.
We got a plane and headed to Italy.
Which will be my next post!

No comments: