~*~

~*~

Friday, December 23, 2016

Desensitized

It feels like I'm getting pickier about the stuff that I become a big fan of.
When I first started getting into manga/anime, it felt different and fresh, so I got into things very easily.
Now I've gotten very used to anime/manga. I have a larger repertoire, so I can recognize what's unique and what follows the same common patterns.

I have a scenario that I"m curious about (except it involves time travel, so I will probably never know the answer). If I had never watched one of the first anime that I saw and liked, and I instead watched it today, what would I think about it?
I suppose I would still like it. I don't think my taste has changed that much. Maybe I wouldn't like it as much.
I think what would happen is that I would be less interested in the more average manga.

Either way, I tend to be very loyal to books/movies/anime/manga/games that I like. Once I fall in love with them, I never stop liking them. I may stop obsessing over them as much, but I'm never sick of them.

No comments: