~*~

~*~

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Slow Regard of Silent Things

I was invited to a surprise craft fair on Saturday. A very small one, but still fun.
I was working on stuff for that. And now I finally feel like I can relax and work on some of my other projects now. I'm glad I earned some money for student loans @_@

Our concert is tomorrow. I have a small solo. My level of panic over solos is ridiculous. This one isn't as bad, since it is small. But still. How on earth do you fix something like that? Just make me play in front of an audience for a few hours. Maybe that would knock me out of it...

In other news, I read the novella that goes along with The Name of the Wind.
It's called The Slow Regard of Silent Things. It's about one of the side characters, and I don't think it would make any sense unless you read one or both of the Kvothe books.


It was amazing.
The book feels like poetry. I want to read it again, and again.

It's fascinating to follow Auri.
Auri has this way of trying to make things fit perfectly. To find the perfect place for everything, and to have everything moving and working in the proper order. It's fascinating to try to bring a little of that into real life. To pay a little more attention to what might go well with this, or if this is the best way to go about your task, or if that item is needed.

After the book, there was a note by the author about his concerns writing this book. That's it's not a proper book.
And people reading the book love it, but they don't think other people would like it since it's not a typical book.
Those comments really surprised me. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the unusual setup. It didn't even strike me as unusual. Thought I suppose that might say more about my odd tastes.
It was a lovely book.
You should read the Name of the Wind books. Heheh.

I hope the last one is as great as the others~ And I hope it comes out soon XD

No comments: