~*~

~*~

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Evva Update

Most of Evva's story is a journey. Yesterday I reached the end of the journey. The rest of the story will take place at the "destination."

I didn't really know what was going to happen at the destination. I knew in general, but I knew none of the details. This afternoon everything fell into place once I started writing.
Everything fits! Wow, even someone writing a story can be surprised by how stuff works out.

I realized today that one of my older ideas didn't really make sense for the world they're in. And a new idea popped into my head to replace it.
It solves the problem of Evva's animal partner. Up until this morning, I assumed that she wouldn't get her animal partner until after this story had ended.
But now it's suddenly working its way into this story.

But I'm also afraid that this new idea will come off as a bit tacky.
My story has unicorns in it. The traditional sort of unicorn that you see in old tapestries.


And now it also has the typical modern unicorns - the horses with horns that you see in movies like Harry Potter and Narnia.


I've known for a while that I wanted both of these creatures in my worlds. I've also known that the "horned horses" wouldn't really be unicorns. Instead they are horses that have been granted power by unicorns. Much like certain magical people might grant part of their magic to other people (or animals).

But having both real unicorns and "fake" unicorns together in the same story feels tacky somehow XD
Ah well. I guess most people who see any unicorn in a book will automatically think it's tacky.

I wonder if having crazy monsters in this book will balance it out for anyone who doesn't like unicorns.

No comments: