~*~

~*~

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Stars and Skeletons

Wow, usually when I write the big finale of a story, I'm totally sucked into it.
But last night was not that way.
I kept getting distracted . Not even by the internet or anything. I just couldn't keep my mind on what I was writing.
The finale sort of comes in three parts for Evva's story. And last night I wrote the last part of it (I only have the end chapter left - the resolution).
I was surprised that I was having so much trouble with last night's scene. It was a scene that had been in mind since the very beginning.
But I guess in hindsight, it's not that surprising. Because I think I kind of hate what I had to do XD
I came damn close to crying, which I don't think has ever happened to me while I'm writing. It happened while I was the letter that Sol leaves for Evva.

Anyway, while I was supposed to be writing the final battle, I kept stopping to think about Coco.
I saw it yesterday, and I loved it. It's the first Pixar I've loved since Up (about eight years ago). I don't think I can resist writing at least a little about it.
Sure, it had its problems. It was fairly predictable, in the Disney way (At least for me. Plenty of other people were surprised by the twist).
Dante was on about the same level as the rooster in Moana (except Dante was a lot more useful than Heihei).
The whole "NO MUSIC!" thing was a lot like how Moana wasn't supposed to go to the ocean.
(And spoilers in these parentheses. The bad guy setup was a lot like in Up.)

Either way, I couldn't avoid getting sucked in.
The animation was outstanding. I've always loved Dia de los Muertos and the combination of skeletons and flowers and bright colors. I was excited to see they were making a movie about it. But I also didn't have a lot of hope. I also got exited when I saw the trailers for Brave, and that movie disappointed me.
This movie did not disappoint!

My Grandpa would have loved this.

Pepita was freaking gorgeous!


I also really liked Hector. I can't even pin down why I like him so much. I guess the combination of his character and his animation? But I loved Hector.

Except for some reason I cannot remember his name XD . I kept having to look it up the first day. And I still have to think about it. Hector! It's Hector!
Man, my first impression of him was way off. I didn't think I'd care about him much at all. Sneaking around, getting arrested and stuff. He just seemed like a suspicious trouble-maker.
Well, just a little bit XD

I feel like I'm finding a lot of awesome skeletons recently. I never used to think about them that much.

No comments: