~*~

~*~

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Alternate Me

I have two characters that I use to more or less represent meyself in stories. Fern, of course. Who can turn into animals and such. And who goes into movies and books to interfere, because it's fun to interfere!
And then in my Pokémon fanfic, I have Cara. I guess I named her middle school, and I was obviously very lazy about coming up with her name. As it's just my name with a different first letter.
Cara and Fern are essentially the same character in different worlds. One has magic, and the other trains Pokémon.

I don't actually write for Fern too much. I draw pictures of her, and I have a lot of notes for what she does. But there's very little actually written out for Fern's stories (except for an ancient X-Men fanfic, which never seemed worth posting even on fanfiction).
I wrote a little bit of her in Coco, mostly to blow off some steam for my Coco craze.


I have written a lot for Cara.
And I try to write her like me. If I had access to a roster of bad-ass magical creatures.

It's kind of interesting, because it makes me look into my own flaws and see how I can use them in magical worlds with anime and game characters.
I discovered a couple interesting things about myself during this. Like how Cara is very protective of her friend and her Pokémon. Which probably has to do with her being possessive of food and stuff (I once blew my stack when I went to a camp and someone ate almost all of my special chocolate. So I used that with Cara, hollering at her best friend for accidentally eating her donut). The protectiveness kind of runs into possessiveness. Don't eat my chocolate! Don't hurt my friends!
I've also tapped into some other problems I used to have. I used to have a bad temper when I was younger.

And since Cara is younger than me (she's fallen way behind my actual age) I figure I can still use those.

But hey. This gives me good opportunity to work on fixing those flaws! You can't fix them if you don't realize they're a problem.

No comments: