~*~

~*~

Monday, April 14, 2008

Zuben and Nexsidus

Well since Tara posted on our story, and I just read it I figured "Eh what the heck I'll write one too!" So as you may have gleaned from Tara's blurb, Zuben has some...issues. When Shalia hatched she and Arith got a long great, you know the typical "OMG I found my familiar life partner animal thing!" So naturally being as weird and unconventional as I am I decided to make Zuben not hatch right away. And as the story goes along he's got one bad attitude. Eventually he hatches cause he's hungry, but even then he doesnt want to be Saleera's familiar. Strangely enough, Saleera doesnt mind Zuben's...mean attitude. Eh. Going to the name.

Tara makes most of the names up, gives me a list of potential names, and I pick one. Well it just so happens that I picked Zuben (go figure right?) but then I found out what the name meant! And it fit perfectly with what I was going to do for a bit of the story! (For all you destiny-lovers one point) So right now I'm about to explain what's going on with that.

Now Tara has a bit of a habit, I'm not saying it's a bad habit, but for writing stories you need characters with...odd personalities. (No offense Tara! ^^) A lot of her characters have enough sadness in their past, (who doesnt right?) but some of them are just too...normal...they're too "oh ok then" happy...yeah...hard to explain. So to balance out the angst meter my character had to have had a really really really really REALLLLLLLLLLLY bad past. And going with my strangeness and after Shalia and Arith's "instant friendly connection" I just couldnt stick with the norm!

So in the end, I introduce a new character Nexsidus. Now Nexsidus' name (which I made up! Yay me!) is Latin...for what I wont tell you ^^. Anyway he's blind, and he's got bandages over his eyes and stuff, but for some strange reason...he can see! Yes it's a bit cliche, but it'll get better, I promise! I cant tell you now, but maybe when I write it I'll post it. No there is no gap in the bandages over his eyes or anything. Anyway Nexsidus is a blind blacksmith who lives in Yiddin, a small village not far from Shalen (where Arith lived). But he's a little...odd too...I guess...I'll post the information trade between Nexsidus and Saleera when I get home. Yeah, that's pretty much it for these two.

No comments: