~*~

~*~

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Soreina, Magic-Earth, and Earth

So, for my stories, so far I have three main worlds I work off of. The first one is obviously Earth. It is exactly like it is today (usually). But I also work on futuristic Earth, or other planets in the Milky way. But they're all at least from this dimension.
Next there is Magic-Earth. Which, if you have read "Lullaby of Awakening," you will know about. It's an alternate Earth. Here's the deal. When humans first began evolving on Earth, Earth split into two. One Earth chose to give humans the power of technology which became our home. The other Earth gave humans magic. And that is the world where Brenor and Briena come from. They have the same geography as us. But small changes in evolutiono gave Magic-Earth slightly different species of plants, animals, and humans. They are still recognizable as relatives of animals from Technology-Earth, but there are subtle differences. And of course, Magic-Earth has magic instead of electricity and other sorts of technology like cars. People have magic, as do most plants and animals. And there's one country where time is distorted, so there exists many of the creatures that used to live on Earth before humans. That means dinosaurs and other prehistoric mammals. I like dinosaurs!
So, Soreina is another planet. That is, it has different geography from Earth and Magic-Earth. But it has humans and all of Earth's animals. It also has many other creatures that do not exist on Earth. Namely, dragons. But also wyverns ("On Wings of Wyverns" takes place on Soreina, as does the story Ellen and I are writing together), griffins, hippogriffs, phoenixes, winged horses, kirins, unicorns, and all those sorts of creatures. So, Ellen still has to tell me what she thinks of this because we're kinda sharing this world now, but I have a bunch of ideas for this world. I literally have a whole list of stories that I'm planning to set on Soreina. But I think one continent could hold all the sorts of creatures mentioned above. One smaller continent could host all human-animal hybrids such as centaurs, harpies, sphinxes, fauns, ex. And a third continent could be home to creatures that we make up all on out own. I have abunch of animals I made up, and I want to give them homes. I should put up pictures of them eventually.
And what I want to do is to have people from Magic-Earth find a way to breach the gap between themselves and Soreina. Some of them have already found ways to visit Technology-Earth, as dicussed in "Lullaby of Awakening." It would be really cool to link all my three favorite worlds somehow. And that way on Magic-Earth there could be the occasional dragon or centaur or something.
So, Ellen, if you're reading this, what do you think? Just post it on the blog, or something.

No comments: