~*~

~*~

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shadowswift and Master Jaiyer


So, in "Of Spirits and Demons," Briena's favorite teacher is Master Darian Jaiyer (more on this story once I finally get around to typing it-I have to restart because I screwed up the beginning in my written draft so I need to make a new one. It's a hassle). Master Jaiyer has a horse named Shadowswift.
Now, quick Magic-Earth lesson (I'll write most of this later once I start putting up the pictures-you'll see). Shaydens are sort of dark-Mages. I've probably said this already, but Shaydens aren't evil, just dark and different than normal mages. They have very mysterious magic. Usually it centers around elements and shape-shifting and stuff, but it varies a bit from person to person. No one really knows the full extent of Shayden magic since they keep to themselves (which is a fancy way of saying that I don't know all their powers myself, and it means I can pretty much make the Shaydens do whatever I want). So, getting on. The Shaydens have very special horses called Nazuth. These first showed up in that "Dragons of Element" book that I told you was garbage. So, I'm dissecting all the good ideas from that story, and the Shaydens and Nazuth are some fo them. There are different kinds of Nazuth. I'll just give a few examples (the only ones I have so far). They're all incredibly fast. One type can turn invisible, along with its rider. Another can turn itself and its rider to a skeleton, making them temporarily invulnerable. One it spiderish-it can spit webs and has fangs and sort of claws instead of hooves so it can climb stuff (Like Spiderman!). And another has bat wings that it can retract at will.
So, Master Jaiyer helped the Shaydens out of a sticky situation, so they thanked him by giving him a horse that was half Nazuth (the Nazuth are very sacred to the Shaydens, so even a half-Nazuth is a very special gift). So, this horse, Shadowswift, can turn himself and his rider invisible, except for their shadows. And the thing on the back of the horse is Carla, Master Jaiyer's animal partner, which is a red panda. Magic-Earth's version of a red panda is slightly smaller that ours, FYI. Red pandas are very cute. It's called a red panda, but it's not really a panda It's more like a raccoon or weasel. I think in my book, they call them red raccoons. I'll have to check.


So, yeah. Carla, Shadowswift, and Master Jaiyer.

No comments: