~*~

~*~

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Long Car Rides

So, a while ago, I wrote about stuff that helps me think of good ideas. Hot showers are good for jogging ideas.
I discovered a new one. Long car rides. We've gone on a few this summer. This year, I haven't been playing too many games or anything in the car (I haven't been playing as many games as usual recently). I've just been looking out the window and letting my mind wander. Uh, letting your mind wander in class might work too. Heheh. But you got to pick a direction for it to wander, if you want it to be useful (usually).
You shouldn't force ideas. Let them come to you on their own.
Also, a lot of times, the simplest explanation works best. For example, a while ago when I was writing my Fern X-Men story, I couldn't think of a good enough reason for something. They needed to travel back in time to prevent a disaster. I couldn't find a reason why they couldn't go to a certain time and warn people about it. I went through all these things, and then I finally came up with the very logical reason that they simply didn't have the power to travel back that far.

No comments: