~*~

~*~

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Knowing

So, two nights ago (I kept forgetting to post about it) we saw a movie called "Knowing." Nicholas Cage was the main character (since "Knowing" isn't a really unique title - anyway, I loved National Treasure, and we saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and he was really good in that too, and Dad rented a movie called "Next" a while ago, and the premise of that one was really interesting).
So, This had a really good creepy beginning. don't usually watch creepy/scary stuff. But this one kept me on the edge of my seat.
So, really creepy stuff, but the coming together of it all and the finale could have been better. I mean, the people who were behind some of it.

So, going into a skip. Cough cough. That has nothing to do with the movie. Cough cough.
The end of the world. It's weird to think about. Admittedly, the world would be better off without humans. Humans can be so destructive. But I also think that the world would be sad without humans. Humans are special. They're different than other animals. The world is always a little less spectacular when a species goes extinct. Humans included. Yes, humans can be destructive, mean, immature, stupid, and they disgust me. But not all the time. There are wonderful humans out there. There are the people who write wonderful stories, who sing beautiful music, who paint beautiful artwork, and who work tirelessly to make the world better for everyone else. If humans were gone, all that artwork would be meaningless. Your favorite characters would be dead, the music would fade out, and artwork would be nothing more than stained sheets of canvas. But there are also those normal people. Those people, who without them, life wouldn't be fun. The people who stop you on the street if you drop your wallet. Who will lend a quarter to a stranger without thinking that the person is an idiot to not have a quarter of their own (and I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I occasionally fall into that category...). People who aren't afraid to strike up a conversation with someone they don't know, to make the person laugh (which Dad does all the time). And most of all, there are your family and your friends. Your friends who make you smile and feel happy.
I read this quote on a postcard a few weeks ago. And I though about all the people this applied to.
IF I HAD A FLOWER FOR EVERY TIME YOU MADE ME SMILE, I'D BE WALKING IN AN ENDLESS GARDEN!
Honestly, I'm not too afraid of dying. But I would be sad if all humans were gone. Humans really have something to offer the world, if they put aside their own selfish purposes and actually try to help other people.
So, if the world was going to end, how would you want to spend your time?
Yeah, i'd want to spend it with the people I love. Family, friends, and yes, my animal friends too.

No comments: