~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 26, 2011

21

Wow. I turned 21 today! That's crazy. I don't feel that old.
It's funny. Some people mistake me for being a lot older, and some people think I'm much younger than I am. It depends on the circumstances. When I'm with kids, they always assume that I'm a teenager. A couple years ago when I told a girl at a camp I volunteered at that I was 19, she said "19? I thought you'd have wrinkles!" And at a different camp, my friends brother refused to believe that I was 20. He probably still thinks I was lying. Haha! I don't care. It's fine if he thinks I'm younger.
In college, I suddenly find that I'm one of the youngest people in all my classes. Until today, I was the only one in my Advanced Restoration class who couldn't legally drink (unless some people were keeping quiet about it, which is more than likely). Not that I want to drink. Alcohol is nasty. But everyone I've talked to in my classes is older than me. Strange. So in that way, I feel sort of young.
I don't feel like a 21-year-old. I still feel like a teenager. Or a kid. Kid at heart.

No comments: