~*~

~*~

Monday, March 14, 2011

Such a good student

As the title says I'm such a good student. I'm sitting in my History of Art and Visual Cuture: Video Games class right now. It's the last class of the quarter before the finals, which start tomorrow. And being such a good student, I decided to sit in the second row of a ginormous class room that holds way over 200 people. So i'm practically in my professor's face as he lectures.

Now here's the problem. He posted a study guide for the final. Oh how nice! then you realize he just posts all of his slides that he showed in class. Still it's better than nothing, right? Well all his lecture slides are taken straight from the book, which is exactly how he lectures...

So now I'm sitting here in the front of the class, listening to my professor review. Well even if his teaching style, study guide, and lecture slides are just the book in a different format, at least he's pointing out important things! Or so you think...in fact all he's doing is flipping through the slides and reading random bullet points.

How do i know this? because he went over fiction vs. nonfiction and completely skipped over the elements that make a narrative.

Now you're probably like...ok yeah that teacher's not that great. But here's what gets me. People are taking notes...yeah you heard me. they're taking notes. On something they should already have notes on, not to mention they're online anyway, and this is the second time they're heard these things, and it's all in the freakin' book!!!!!

GAAAAH

On a related note. If you like the paperpoke thingy, check out this guy. He's an artist that makes origami. Ridiculous origami. Using a computer to tell him what to do. Then he makes organisms, realistic looking organisms. Out of one piece of paper. :O

O___O

His name's Robert Lang. here's his website

Amazing stuff!!!

Now I'm bored...and it's only be 25 minutes since class started, my computer is dying and then I'll have to sit here till he's done...in an hour and 20 no 19 minutes.

Fun....

No comments: