~*~

~*~

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hopes for Japan

I'm stupid, so I kept forgetting to make this post. It's been nearly a week since the disaster in Japan. I wish there was something I could do to help. At first I kept thinking that I was rich and could afford a plane ticket to get over there to help. Except now they're having nuclear problems, so now I wish I was Fern so I could go over there and use super powers to help fix everything.
You know, Nicole was supposed to go to Japan. Next week, right? Originally, she was still going to go, but with this nuclear stuff, she's decided to call it off. Which makes me feel better. I'm glad you didn't go to Japan last week, Nicole!
Not only that, but the tsunami hit the area where Ellen goes to school. Though she's far enough from the coast not to be bothered by that. Fortunately.
These events bring out the best and the worst in people. Disasters are when people show their amazing courage and kindness. But as Ellen was telling us today, some people are also freaking #@#$$%. I don't want to go too far into it since religion is a really sticky subject, unfortunately. I wish people weren't so intense. But this person was way out of line. She said that the earthquake was God's way of forcing Japan to convert. What the ##$#@%@! Let's put her on that island and see what she thinks then.
Some people make me so mad.
Anyway...
It's obvious that we humans have very little control over the affairs of the world. People are stupid if they think humans rule the planet. Clearly not true.
But I can never stop wondering what I can do to help.

No comments: