~*~

~*~

Friday, March 4, 2011

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Here's something I hear a lot about. If someone gets really deeply into a book, movie, or series, they're sad when it ends. They want it to keep going.
I'm different. When I really get into something, I'm always really excited and happy when it ends. The journey's over and things are (hopefully) as they should be. I get such a nice feeling at the end of something good. Sometimes I just feel happy, and sometimes I get really hyper at the end.
I don't want things to go on indefinitely. Usually when something does that, it just degrades, and then you don't feel as good about the original thing anymore.
I'll use Pokemon as an example. I loved that series when I was a kid. The Kanto series was good. Even the Orange league and Johto were okay. But they never stopped and it just keeps getting lamer. I just watched one of the very oldest episodes, and I'd forgotten how fun it was. I was sort of pushed away by the lameness that it is now. Have you seen the 5th generation Pokémon? 95% of them are incredibly lame. It's sad. The 4th generation had some really lame ones in it too.
As much a people may want something good to last forever, it should end while it's still good. It should end when it has the greatest potential to blow you away with the ending (FMA, Avatar: the Last Airbender ex).

No comments: