~*~

~*~

Monday, January 2, 2012

Drawing

First post of the new year! My blog feels so ole now! Hahah! I still kinda want to go back and edit/delete some of my older, useless post. But there's a lot of other stuff I want to do also, as you may know if you've seen my recent to-do list.
During our traditional New Years party (Crystal joined Ellen, Kelly, Nicole and I for the first time this year) Nicole showed us some of the art she's been working on on her tablet with Sai. It's kinda mind-blowing. If I look at the thing she drew a month ago, and compare it to what she just showed us New Years, I just go @_@.
She says it's a lot due to tutorials on DA. I've seen them, but never paid any attention to them. Honestly I didn't think they'd be any help. But I tried one of the tutorials for drawing a face and this is what happened.

@_@
Where the heck did this come from? I never knew it was simple to do a face like this! I know it's not perfect (and obviously I haven't done the hair yet) but now I want to do a bunch more practice! I have a bunch of references I found, and some I got from Nicole too. I'm gonna practice a bunch more kinds of art, both on tablet and pencil.
Nicole, Nicole! Post those pictures you showed us! The eye one and the one you were working on!

No comments: