~*~

~*~

Friday, January 6, 2012

Genders

Crystal finally posted! Yaay!
So I'll talk about the post about what would happen if your characters swapped genders.
Now, my main works right now are Katani's story, and Arith's story. Two days ago I finally started going over my first chapter in the Arith and Saleera story. It's kinda bad. I'm pretty much re-writing the whole thing to make the explanations of familiars and the world and Arith's appearance more natural. And it's taking longer than I would have hoped (because of many distractions), but I am making some progress... Maybe I can email Ellen my first chapter tonight.
So, anyway, Arith and Katani are who I'll write about. And maybe talking about them will trigger more ideas.
So. If Arith was a girl...... he wouldn't change hardly at all. Crystal calls him girly. I don't think I'd call him girly. He's just kinda shy. And awkward around most people.
Now Katani might be more interesting if he was a girl. His personality is more common (or at least more commonly used) for guys. It would probably be like the Toph-effect. (If you don't know, in Avatar, the character Toph was originally supposed to be a teenage boy, but they moved the character into the girl you all know. And now Toph is very popular, especially among teenage guys). I don't think much stuff would unfold differently in the story if Katani was a girl though. Though he would only like Lari as a friend.
Now, if someone like Melly were to swap genders... that would turn out really weird. Cause Melly is very girly. Dominic might be kinda an unusual girl. Tri would make a very rowdy girl. Saris would probably translate very well into a guy. Lari might make an interesting guy.
Now if I were to turn Ginger into a boy... that would be strange. I guess it might work. I'd have to think about that more. For some reason I can picture what she'd look like as a guy.
Fern turning into a guy wouldn't work very well. Personality-wise, maybe. But not really plot-wise or power-wise. Kinda hard to explain...
Ben might translate into a girl a little easier. A very techy girl.
I should do this some day. Take one of the stories I have planned, and swap the genders of all of the characters when I start writing.

No comments: