~*~

~*~

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fang Statue

I actually ordered this about half a year ago, but had been putting off painting it forever. Partly because it seemed really daunting and I was afraid that I might have to invest in an expensive airbrush. But after I read the guidelines, it went pretty well.
I just finished him yesterday.
I ordered the unpainted statue from the ever-amazing Windstone company. She now has a Deviantart account too, and I'm gonna send her pictures of my completed Fang. ^-^
Anyway, I love the Windstone statues and have the good fortune to own a few of them (One I even found at a garage sale!). Problem is they're pretty darn expensive. So, as I tend to do, I decided to get something cheaper and then do it myself! Plus then I can customize it. And you can buy paint-your-owns! So, I saw the beautiful winged wolf and decided to turn it into Fang.
So, yes. Fang is pretty much a plain big black wolf with a little white around the mouth and brown eyes. He also has a twisted gold/silver.copper bangle on his right fore-wrist. I never really thought much about giving him wings, so I had to design what his wings would look like. I'm not sure the pictures do it justice. But his wings are deepest blue with a silvery sheen on the undersides on the lower layers of feathers. The tops of the wings appear solid dark, unless light hits them, when they gleam with a faint sheen of silver.

I liked doing this. I'd really like to do another one. Maybe a kirin and a dragon. I really like the kirins.

No comments: