~*~

~*~

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy new year, everyone!
This is the beginning of the sixth year here at the Dragon's Pen! (One year behind the Vlogbrothers, though I didn't know they existed back then) Wow, that's crazy to believe. A helluvalot has happened since then. Like finishing my last semester of college and completing 4 1/2 years of college.
Now that I'll have (at least) one semester of freedom, I'll have to see what I can do with that time. Hopefully write a LOOOT. And make some more plushies too. But I definitely want to experiment with new things instead of only ponies. At least they're getting easier to make since I've made so many of them. And I want to draw too. Get better with colored pencils and photoshop.
I'm up at Portland right now, visiting family. I have my laptop. I've been wanting to write a bunch, but I only got a couple paragraphs done yesterday. Because there was so much action going on I couldn't focus on anything. My youngest cousin loves to play with me, but she does not get tired. Even at 10:00 at night. And while I like playing with her, I can't keep at it all day. Even after her bed time, my other cousin was watching some crime TV show, so still not able to focus.
I wish I could have celebrated New Years with my friends. TT^TT Law and Order isn't how I expected to end my year. And I had to go to sleep directly after (we left home at 5:00 in the morning to get up here).
But it's great to see my aunt/uncle/cousins again. And today I got to meet the new baby in the family. He's only about ten days old, I think.
Maybe things will quite down a bit now. Sera's school starts tomorrow. We'll see if I have time to write. But at least I've been doing a tone of research, so it's helping.
Why is it so hard to find time to actually write? TT^TT

No comments: