~*~

~*~

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rurouni Kenshin Live Action

I just watched the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie a little while ago.
It was really good!
It was one of those things where I hoped it would be awesome, but I was afraid it could also be bad. But it was goooood!
It was awesome to see real-life versions of all the characters. And each time someone I recognized was introduced, I got very excited.
Yahiko was funny. "Feed a poor orphan boy!" Heheh.
And the guy that did Kenshin did a good job tooo! I was telling Nicole that I'm very picky about my Kenshin. The one from the manga is my favorite character. Not the one from the anime (well, he's pretty good in parts of it. I guess it's the fillers that bug me). In the anime, he's a combination of a little too goofy with his friends, and a bit too perfect in fights. I just finished watching the Shishio arc, but from the fillers I've seen, they need to give him handicaps to fight now, because all their filler villains are so obviously outmatched. Obvious handicaps. Now that I'm one episode beyond the Shishio arc, I'll no doubt be hip-deep in fillers from now on. But the Kenshin from the anime is okay compared to the Kenshin from the OVA episodes. They took away everything funny about him and just made him depressed. How dare they ruin Kenshin!
I kind of want to go back and look at the new Kenshin chapters the guy wrote recently. I think they're based off of the movie. But Kenshin never makes his "oro" face in them!
I laughed so hard when the live action Kenshin actor said "oro." He obviously couldn't duplicate the face from the anime, so I'm not sure why I found it so hilarious.
For the plot, they blended the first few arcs. They did a pretty good job of blending them too. They meshed them together so that they fit without feeling forced. For someone who knows all the plots, it was cool to see how they were blended. But if someone watched it who doesn't know the books/anime, it would probably be pretty confusing. Because of all the characters and different things going on.
Yaaaaaaaaaayy~~

No comments: