~*~

~*~

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Short Story

We had two assignments due last week for our creative writing class. One of them was a sonnet. I've written a couple of those before so it wasn't too hard. And we didn't have to write in iambic pentameter (well, at least we didn't have to do the iambic part. But I did a bit anyway. It's interesting to figure out the rhythms). Since tomorrow is valentines day, I figured I'd try for a sort of love-themed sonnet. Since sonnets are often ramancey anyway. Although it's not really about romance, but about wondering how to get to romance. I guess. Something like that.
We also had a short story due. Very short. Less than 5 pages, double-spaced, 14 font. I pulled out a short 2-page thing I wrote over a year ago and never did anything with. I re-wrote it and turned it in. I'll probably have to read it in class tomorrow. We read things aloud during most of class. Everyone gets copies of the poems/stories so they can read along. So, there's a lot of paper. I draw random pictures while I listen. XD
We have another poem thing due tomorrow. Except the directions are really vague. It doesn't seem to be an actual form? I'd better figure it out soon though.

No comments: