~*~

~*~

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Battle of Thrones

Yeah, just because I didn't want to title the post "Game of Thrones."
Why?
....
I really have no idea.
Maybe I've just been seeing the title around too much recently?
So, yeah. I finally finished reading Game of Thrones today. After hearing about it forever
It took me freaking long enough.
It seems counter-intuitive that unless I have school, I read my own books verrry slooowly. So while I'm always in the middle of one or two books, unless I have class or something it takes me a long time to get through them.
This is because I always bring a book to school to read before class, and during break, and on the train, and everything. One of my teachers often teases how he never sees me without a book. As a matter of fact, I ran into him today and he said the same thing.
And while I have only one normal class this semester, it involves a very long train ride. And that train ride requires me to arrive an hour early.
Hence, I was finally able to finish Game of Thrones after starting it while I was in Japan.
It was good. Definitely very well written. And while there were certain parts I could have done without, I enjoyed it. The world and character sand everything were really well done.
#$!@#@! They killed him! I'll fly in there and kill that little snot face.
I was wondering about the eggs too. Although that was ultimately spoiled for me.
Hopefully it will magically make my own fantasywriting better.
So... I still have 4 shelves of books I need to read. I don't know how they keep multiplying, but I really need to get through some of them before they eat my closet.
So, on to the next one.

No comments: