~*~

~*~

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thinking About Stopping....

So, as you've probably noticed, I am a big fan of taking public transportation. I've been taking the train to my class, even though it takes much longer and costs more than driving does.
But after yesterday, I just don't know if I'm going to take the train anymore.
I'm sure you remember 2 weeks ago, our train hit and killed a person.
Which was bad in many many ways.
And yesterday on the way home, exactly two weeks later, there was another huge, major delay. There was a fire near the tracks. Except this time it was during train commute time and caught up probably close to 10 trains. And, just like 2 weeks ago, we were stuck on the train for about an hour before they kicked us out again. At exactly the same station that I got kicked out at 2 weeks ago.
And so once again, my family had to drive waay down to pick me up as I waited outside in the cold, dark windy night.
Even with this happening 2 out of my last 3 rides, I probably still would have taken the train. I mean, theoretically those were just 2 freak accidents... that happened while I was riding.....
Except for the final blow.
The card ate my last day of rides that I'd paid for. The time that my pass was valid for was cut in half. No one had told me that in any way. Plus train tickets are more expensive every freaking semester. And I don't use my rides fast - just once a week.
It's all just absolutely ridiculous, and I don't know if I can take it anymore...
Why is our public transportation so horrible?

No comments: