~*~

~*~

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Creating a Sport

For a long time now, I've been trying to think of games and sports for my worlds. I managed to snatch some ideas of games from games used a long time ago in our world.
But I was never really able to invent a good sport.
Until last week.
It's a dragon-back sport, but it can also be played (in a slightly altered method) by humans on the ground, or by dragons without riders.

I suppose it's a bit like football, in that it involves throwing a ball back and forth and getting past a goal.
But I've resented football since they forced our band to play at a bunch of the high school football games on our Friday afternoons.
So it's not very much like football beyond the goal and the ball part.
What makes this game unique are the different variations of it in the different countries. For example, in Whiverna, there is a very reckless version of the sport. For now, I'll just say that the rider doesn't spend much time in the safety of the saddle.
And it's for this famous and dangerous method of the sport that the name Whiver Ball comes from.

No comments: