~*~

~*~

Monday, May 4, 2015

Favorite

At one time, in middle school probably, I had a favorite author and a favorite book.
Now I no longer know who and what will hold those titles.
It's kind of sad.
Although I guess I don't really have a favorite movie.
But I do have a favorite character (Kenshin).
And I suppose Miyazaki would be my favorite film creator.
And I have a favorite anime/manga (FMA).

Considering how much I read and write, I should have a favorite book and favorite author.
For a long time, Watership down was my favorite book. And I suppose it could still be my favorite book. I probably read it about five times, but I haven't read it in several years. I'd really like to re-read it before I call it my current favorite book.


And in middle school, and probably part of high school, my favorite author was Tamora Pierce.
I loved her earlier books. The series about Alanna, Daine, Kel, and the Circle of Magic.

(Art Link)
But I think around the Tricksters books, I started to lose my attachment to her writing. It lost a lot of the fun-ness and got too romantic and technical and everything.

There are a few books recently that I've liked very much, but they have all been part of a series. Uglies, Seraphina, The Name of the Wind. Perhaps when I finish reading those series, I will have found a favorite book? Or maybe even a new favorite author.

I think I've been thinking about this too much recently...
I want a favorite book and author!

No comments: