~*~

~*~

Friday, May 29, 2015

Fanime Report

I should write about Fanime, before it sinks too far into the past.
This is the first time I've gone to Fanime for the whole weekend, since my very first time at Fanime.
But that first time, I knew almost nothing about anime. There were about six things that I'd seen that were anime related.
That is not the case now. I understand it a lot more, and there were even more things that I would have liked to do if I had the time.

I met a couple artists that I admire, which is always great (in addition to artists that I've seen at conventions several times).
Goldenwolf
Heart Song by Goldenwolf on DeviantArt Golden Feather by Goldenwolf on DeviantArt Phloxebutt Super Short Bab Auction CLOSED by PhloxeButt on DeviantArt Yuumei Re-Imagine by yuumei on DeviantArt Coexistence by yuumei on DeviantArt The swap meet went well. I got rid of a bunch of stuff, as did Ellen. And it pretty much funded Fanime for me. But there was still a ton of stuff left over and it was a hassle getting it all home XP. I did actually go home one night, mostly for the purpose of taking the big bags of crud out of the hotel room. Note to self, don't bring so much crud if you ever do this again. I hope I'll be able to go to the swap meet again. I haven't been able to go in years, because it's always the same night that my band has to play at graduation (luckily this year it was a week later - tonight, as a matter of fact). I dressed up as Chihiro with Haku for the first two days. Haku Plushie by Ferngirl on DeviantArt And I was Yellow and Pikachu for days three and four. Yellow Pokemon Special 8 by magicalhansen on DeviantArt Ellen and I went to the Black and White ball for the first time, which was fascinating for several reasons.
There were a lot of people in formal dress - tuxes, gowns, ex. But there were also people in costumes - formal costumes. Like Hans and Anna from Frozen, and also Rapunzel and Eugene (I think the four of them were a group). And there was Roy Mustang, Kenshin, Howl, Hikaru and Kaoru, and the Doctor. Two Doctors, actually.
It would have been fun to dance with any of them XD
Although I didn't do much dancing. I was spending most of my time staring around in fascination (plus my legs kinda hurt).
There was some awesome music. Which I loved because usually the music at dances drives me crazy. They played I'll Make a Man out of You (which everyone sang along with), and the Dark World theme from Legend of Zelda. I think they also played a song from Star Wars (the Cantina song).

One of the highlights was when Ellen and I spotted a girl in a Tardis dress and hat. I told her that she had to go and dance with the Doctor. She asked where he was, so we pointed him out. But he was already dancing with someone else.
A few minutes later, I spotted the Doctor walking past, and I ran up to him. I told him that he had to find the Tardis because she really wanted to dance with him.
And a few minutes later, I saw them dancing together, and I laughed out loud.
That was awesome.

There were also some performance dances. One was with a guy in a wheelchair. That was a really sweet dance. And the last one was really fast and amazing.
I wish I could find a video...

There was also a mixer dance, which was a lot of fun. It started with a few people on stage, who danced for a minute. Then they stopped and ran out into the crowd to pull people onto the stage. Then they danced for a minute, and ran to pull up more partners. This repeated until everyone was on the dance floor, and it was packed.

I want to go back to the ball next year. It would be fun to spend more time there. And I can go in costume!
Maan, I already want to go back to Fanime...

No comments: