~*~

~*~

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Two kittens

So Mom and I went to a botanical garden today.
And there were two tiny kittens there. Alone, in the cactus area.
No one knew why they were there, and they didn't belong to anyone.
So Mom and I climbed in among the cacti. The kittens started to move away, but we each grabbed one.
And they SCREAMED. Amazingly loud. But they didn't use their teeth or claws.
I wrapped them up in my jacket, and Mom and I left before we really got to look around the garden. The people there thanked us for taking the kittens somewhere safe. They gave us a box too, which I put them in with my jacket.



The black one was nervous and hissy. The one with the white nose was more docile. But they let me pet them on their heads. The white one sat in my hand as she peered out of the top of the box. And eventually the black one did so too.
They were so cute. TT^TT
We brought them to the humane society (and the story gets a bit complicated and frustrating here, but I don't feel like going through that XP ).
I wanted to be able to foster them, since it's something I've always wanted to do. (Is it weird that I sometimes fantasize about rescuing abandoned baby animals?)
But it doesn't look like I'll ever see these guys again.
I really wish I could have taken care of them, but I guess that would have been very complicated. Especially with Leaf.
Maybe in the future I'll be able to do this.
I hope they find good homes.
Send them lots of love!

No comments: