~*~

~*~

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Moving On

I finished going through Katani's story again. There are still a couple more ideas/culture stuff that I want to incorporate throughout, but I think I'll wait until the next read-through so I can get them in more smoothly.

As for my Ashes story, I don't think I'll work on that anymore until after I graduate (beyond any changes my advisers want to see).

Which means that I need a new writing project.
I've got 20+ story ideas, with varying degrees of development. Some I'm more enthusiastic about at the moment. There are a handful I would consider picking up as my next project.
Usually the story I've been thinking about most is the one I'm most enthusiastic about.
The problem is, that story is usually my newest idea.
Which means that a lot of my older ideas keep sitting around. They get bits and pieces added, but they don't get started.
Katani's story was one of those newer ideas. So new that it was more gap than it was story.
And the story I'm most excited about right now is the same way. It's a new story that is mostly hole.
So, my dilemma. Go with a story that I'm really into right now, but has very little development. Or go with an idea that's been around longer, and thus is more whole (still a lot of holes, but that's inevitable, with the way I write. I fill in most of it as I go).
Whatever I start, I'm sure I'll get excited about on the way.

I should probably stop myself from listing all of the stories I could potentially start...

No comments: