~*~

~*~

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Fei Yen and The Little Gal

I drew Fei Yen once before, but I wanted to do a better job.

I really oughta try to redraw Kazuhi too. I can never seem to draw him right. Why don't my guys ever look old enough...

I suppose this is officially the last of the human/dragon pairs from Katani's story.
Except this dragon doesn't actually appear in Katani's story? But she will exist not long after the story ends. She doesn't even have a name yet. Poor little gal.

I started this ages ago. And when I came back to color it, I wondered why the heck I hadn't drawn Fei Yen in a Chinese outfit. It took me a minute to remember that I wanted to draw an outfit that I had designed for the world. The battle yukata (or battle kimono). If you have ever work a traditional yukata, you'll find that it is not designed for taking large steps. That is not so in Fei Yen's world though. Especially for people like her, who might find themselves in a dangerous situation at any time. The battle yukata looks very similar to a traditional Japanese Earth yukata. One of the main differences (there are others - like the obi and everything under it aren't as thick and stiff) is the slits in the side of the "skirt." The slits usually aren't visible, because the folds of fabric cover them. I wanted to show them in this picture though. Underneath are pants that are loose and easy to move in.


Next, and I think finally last, are the Betas. I've only drawn Shanka and Thorn. And Shanka didn't turn out too well. So I'm gonna redraw them, and the rest of their pals. Shanka is sketched out already.
It has taken me entirely too long to draw all of these characters. There are so many in Katani's story. Ashlyn and Evva won't have nearly that many in their stories.

No comments: