~*~

~*~

Monday, February 29, 2016

The Monsters Underground

Ellen had me play Undertale. I actually finished in January and I've spent all the time since then watching other parts of the game on Youtube (whyyyy are some of them so terrible?) and browsing the fanart. Man, Undertale fans have made some freaking awesome stuff.

I stalled on playing Undertale for a while, because my computers have a history of rejecting games. But luckily my new computer accepted Undertale.
Except it was very obvious that this was one of the first things I've ever played on the computer. I was very very bad at the battles. It took be about an hour just to realize that I could move the heart around the box during battle scenes...
I got killed a lot during boss fights. Mettaton probably got me the most. Jerk. But Undyne and Muffet killed me a lot too.

Spoilers.

I love the fact that you don't actually have to hurt anyone.
But at the same time, since you have the choice to make friends with all the characters, is is truly terrible if you actually decide to kill them...
And now I even feel guilty when I have to kill monsters in other video games.
My play of Undertale is not marred by any deaths, and I plan to keep it that way. No one will hurt my monsters~ (Ellen says the same).
I think my soul would reject my body if I tried to kill any of them... I could never bring myself to do it.
Especially after reading some of those fan comics...
So freaking heart-breaking

Another thing I was super impressed by is how the game breaks rules.
If you happen to watch the pure evil that is the genocide run, this is especially obvious in the Sans fight. If you know what I'm talking about, then I don't need to elaborate.
It feels like this rule-breaking could end up changing the future of gaming.

I also freaking love the fact that this game, which was made mostly by one guy, became so popular. That's so awesome for him!

The most terrifying parts of the game are where Undyne is after you (at least that's true in the Pacifist run, with her chasing you with all those spears O__O ).
And my favorite part of the game is hanging out at her house. Aaah, the spear in the table! Holy frack. O__O Poor Frisk must be so terrified of her.

At my creative writing class a couple weeks ago, I started up an Undertale conversation with Claire, and another girl in the class. That was fun because I hadn't gotten to speak with anyone about it at that point.
And then I talked on the phone with Ellen and Kelly about it for probably over an hour, exchanging some of our favorite fan arts.

And I will now share some of my favorites too.

Th fight scene of this animation is freaking awesome, but unfortunately I can't paste here directly.

And this is one I can't stop watching either.
There are other cool versions of this song too.


Some of my favorite comics by this artist:
Funny ones

1

You're going to need those eventually by zarla on DeviantArt 2 [MILD SPOILERS] You're both in BIG trouble by zarla on DeviantArt 3 Wheeeeeeee by zarla on DeviantArt 4 Yes he went thataway by zarla on DeviantArt And sad ones 1 [UNDERTALE SPOILERS] Is this bravery by zarla on DeviantArt 2 [UNDERTALE SPOILERS] They'll get bored eventually by zarla on DeviantArt And I'll put this here too.

No comments: