~*~

~*~

Monday, March 31, 2008

"Unstory" tidbits

So, I'm almost done explaining my little "tidbits" from stories that are completed. Once I'm done with that, I'll start writing about the stories I'm in the process of witing. I just want to get these out of the way.
On a side note, I started typing "Shifter" when I got home from school today. Well, I typed the first 2 paragraphs anyway. It's more annoying to copy things from a paper than to type stuff that's coming straight out of your head. But I'll get through it eventually.
So, these tidbits are from stories that don't really count. That is, they're either on fanfiction, or they were the stories I wrote for school assignments.
For "Hands of Power," the Zelda fanfic I wrote, I wanted to give the hawk a good part. My dad worked with birds of prey at the San Francisco Zoo, so raptors are in my blood. Well, I love all types of animals, so there you go. But either way, I like the hawk. And the boars. The big goblin thing (I forget his name) and his big white boar were my dad's favorite part of the game. He loves boars too. And the fact that that boar had horns made it all the more awesome to him.
And for the part where Laina and Cheera are crashing through the bushes, something like that happened to me once. It was really stupid, but I'll write about it. My horseback riding teacher, Roy, has a creek running through his property. After my lesson one day, he sent me and my horse Mustang down to visit the creek. So Mustang and I were walking through the creek when I saw an overhang of twigs and leaves in front of us. It was low enough to prestent a significant obstacle, but I thought to myself "oh, there's nothing solid in there. Let's just crash through." So, Mustang gamely trudged through the thicket of twigs. The problem was that there was more than just twigs there. One big branch was hidden by the leaves, and it knocked my back flat on the saddle. I somehow managed to keep from falling into the creek, but it was not very comfortable to get smashed flat on your back on a saddle by a tree branch. So, do me a favor and look before you go plunging through a mass of twigs.
And for the part where Laina jumps off the bridge into the water, I've done something like that. I jumped off a cliff into the water. It was scary. Falling is scary for me, but still fun! I didn't wan't to jump at first, and I sat at the top of the cliff for about 5 minutes staring down into the water. But finally Mom got fed up of waiting, and she made me jump. The interesting thing is that I can't scream when I'm falling. My voice gets cut off. When I went bungee jumping, I started to scream, but I chocked on the noise somehow...
Next story. "Underground Mysteries." Well, I came up for the theory of this story when I was still in Middle School-Borel Middle School to be precise. I thought "what if some big monster appeared and locked itself in our school for a hideout and all of us got trapped there too. THe monster would be causing all these natural disasters all over the world, and it would be up to us kids to solve it." Well, this idea got toned down quite a bit for this story. No one is trapped in the school, and the sky bear's powers aren't quite as powerful as I had in mind at first. ANd he's not evil eiher.
And for "Market of Mourning," I've always wanted to visit a rainforest. Maybe I will someday. So I set this story in the rainforest. And I love deer. They're so graceful. I thought Ranen (Briena's stag partner) would make a good substitute for Featherdance, the crane (who was Brenor's partner in Lullaby of Awakening). Same mind, different bodies. And very different times. And for the Anjels (yes, it's supposed to be misspelled-it's my species of winged humans that I decided to name Angels, but I thought it would be cool to change the spelling a bit), it would be awesome to have wings, wouldn't it? Ah...to fly...........

No comments: